So, its summer time which means sunny weather, swimming, and lots of fresh fruit!!!! Yay!!! Those are some of my favorite things. I like to swim so much that I can be quite grumpy in the morning (I know you all are so surprised that I could be grumpy in the morning) and then go to the swimming pool with all my kids for a few hours and feel a hundred times better when we get home. I really love the warmth of the sun while you swim in a pool. I love the smell and feel of chlorine. It really is the greatest to take a shower after swimming at the pool or beach. Its seems a little crazy to me that I love the pool so much...you'd think I'd be sick of it since I swam so much growing up, but I must have good memories from it cause it is a pure delight to swim!
A goal for me this summer was to teach the boys to swim...I was hoping that at least Caleb could do pretty well without a life jacket. Well, the boys are really doing great at the pool. Caleb can lift his head and breathe and swim across the width of the pool. He likes to get timed. He is close to being able to swim freely all over the pool, but I'm just not ready for him to have that freedom yet. TJ is doing so much better also. He just started lifting his head to breathe, but he won't go for long distances. At the beginning of the summer, I wasn't quite sure how much I would be able to get TJ to do. So, he has gone beyond my expectations. I took a few videos today of them. I had thought about paying lessons for them, but then realized that I would be happier just paying a babysitter to watch Abigail at home and then teaching them myself. I'm really glad I figured that out. The boys and I will go swim for 2 hours once or twice a week and that has really helped them out. Swimming is mostly practice, practice, practice!!!
I would like to take some more video of them when Kevin is around cause TJ will be able to show you more of his stuff, but we didn't have Kevin today. So, we'll work on that.
Our church had offered some Bible studies at people's houses this summer, but they were all in the Annapolis area. Well, I just wasn't ready to commit to a study every week this summer as I wanted to chill out a little more and swim more. So, I decided to host a Bible study at my house. My friend helped me out and I found 2 babysitters to watch our kids while we do the study in my basement. We do that twice a week, then the other two times a month we meet in the evening at Atlanta Bread company for a ladies night out for Bible study. It has been such a wonderful blessing. I'm so glad I did it. I love the ladies in my group and it has been nice to not host it at my house every week. I can't have my house clean every week for sure, plus its nice to to get out in the evening every other week.
So, my last story is that our wonderful Honda Accord is not going to make it for us any longer. The transmission needs to be replaced and that was going to cost $4000 which is almost as much as it is worth. So, we are looking to find another car right now. I'm thankful it is the summer time when it broke down cause I don't really need to be anywhere like I do in the fall when we have Bible study every week and MOPS. Right now, we can walk/ride bikes to the pool and just be at home. Thankfully so far it hasn't been too much of an inconvenience...we'll see how long I can live without a car though.
2 comments:
I LOVE that you taught the boys how to swim. What a great idea to get a babysitter for Abigail. That was so smart and I am sure the boys enjoyed that time with you. I LOVED reading this post. I would love to teach mine how to swim. Jackson can do it, but he doesn't want to. Perhaps I should do what you did? It might be a little late though! I'm just not sure I would know how to teach him correctly. I grew up with a pool in my backyard, but I wasn't on swim team or anything. What do you think? Is there a book that may help or is this something they just figure out as you practice?
That's so awesome that they are such water bugs! I need to get my girlies in some swimming lessons soon...especially since Nate doesn't swim! :) Aria's reaction to Caleb's floating on his back: "Wow! He's brave!" :)
Post a Comment