Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Fall, apples, pumpkins, mazes
















Kevin's sister and her family came to visit last weekend and we went to the farm for some apple picking, pumpkin picking, hay riding, maze finding FUN!!!!! We had a blast! The farm was quite busy, but it is a big farm and they run it very well. So, it didn't seem too crowded. We picked 60 lbs of apples for our family. Liz and her family picked around 20 lbs. But you all already know that I have a fruit picking addiction and just can't stop picking until my husband tells me no more. I'm sure he would have liked to stop me well before 60 lbs, but sometimes I am not close to him and end up picking more than he thinks. : ) Don't worry, we shared some apples with others. And I'm planning on making some applesauce. Its nice that apples last longer than peaches and I have a few weeks to get things done. Like I hope to make 2 batches of applesauce, one this week and then one next week. We made apple cookies last night and mini apple pies today. The boys really liked making their own mini apple pie and it was easy for them to do. Of course, I bought pie dough so that is probably why it was so easy. I also think I like mini apple pies better than a big apple pie. Hmmm...that might be the way to go!

Abigail LOVED to be at the farm...she especially just loved walking around and being "big" like the boys. We had her in the stroller at first while we picked, but then had to kick her out so we could put all the apples in the stroller. : ) She was very happy about that cause she was able to walk with her cousins. She also went on the hay ride with everyone and they had a toddler maze as well! Oh, she loves being one and walking and being big! She is too cute!

Hope you enjoy our farm pics! Thanks Andy for taking pics or we wouldn't have any : )

2 comments:

Bisson Family said...

Nice pictures! Sounds like you had a very fun time. I hope you enjoy making applesauce.

-Sarah

Bisson Family said...

The pictures make it look like you had an exciting time at the farm. I hope all goes well with making the applesauce.

Christina